Ancho Chili Fudge Pie
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-22
Rich and fudge-like, just like the name implies!
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup tofu, whipped
- 2 tsp ancho chili paste
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 ener-g eggs, prepared
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts (up to 1 cup walnuts and/or pecans)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 9" unbaked pie crust
- Melt butter.
- Whip tofu.
- Combine margarine, tofu and chili paste - blend well.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Prepare ener-g eggs and add to wet mix, mix well.
- Add wet mixture to flour/sugar, mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 40-60 minutes or until crust is slightly golden.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds would probably be good in place of the nuts, maybe some cinnamon? And possibly a little more heat.