Posted by ataraktos on 2008-09-06
These waffles are acceptably crunchy, very easy and really tasty.
- 2 cups flour - I used all-purpose and spelt
- 2 tbsp Better Than Milk Powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- dash cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- about 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mash banana.
- Add banana to oil, water and vanilla.
- When waffle iron is heated, mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Bake according to waffle maker's instructions.
- slightly modified from this recipe.
- I like to let waffles cool for a minute or so on a wire rack (nice time to slather on the Earth Balance) - this allows them to get a little crunchier before adding syrup.
- Next time, I may make 1 1/2 times this recipe - and maybe substitute apple sauce for the needed half banana.