Posted by ataraktos on 2008-11-07
- 2 cups flour (half all-purpose, half whole wheat is fine)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp ener-g w/ 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance, melted
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- dash cinnamon
- Make ener-g egg.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Bake according to waffle iron's instructions.
- These waffles are crispy and very filling.
- For some reason, they take about twice as long to cook as most other waffles I've made. Cook until steam no longer billows out of the iron.
- I make 1.5 times this recipe for Evin and myself, which makes 3.5 two-part waffles in our iron. For this amount, I use 1/4 cup Earth Balance, 3/8 cup oil and 2 1/2 cups of soymilk (or soymilk + water)