Evin's Yeast-Risen Muffins
We have a bunch of pureed butternut squash and oil in our freezer, intended for this quickbread recipe. Evin decided to use some of it recently, in some slightly sweet, yeasted muffins/biscuits and they turned out pretty well. Here's the recipe he made up:
- ~190 g pureed butternut squash
- ~112 g oil (1/2 cup - note, this was the proportion we already had mixed in with the squash for the quickbread recipe. The oil could probably be decreased and water increased)
- 104 g quick oats
- 240 g whole wheat flour
- 50 g vital wheat gluten
- 7 g yeast
- 120 g water
- 20 g Splenda
- Mix ingredients together.
- Measure out 1/4 of "dough" into muffin tin - makes 12 muffins.
- Let rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- This dough will be slightly wetter than bread dough, much drier than muffin or cake batter.
- As listed, each muffin is about 200 calories (could be lower if oil and water are adjusted).