Homemade Hamburger Buns
Posted by ataraktos on 2011-07-19
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used approx. 1/3 whole wheat)
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Heat soymilk, margarine, sugar and water to about 110 degrees. Add yeast to proof.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add proofed yeast and knead until dough is smooth.
- Form into balls - I made 11 buns (though 10 would have probably been a better fit to our burgers).
- Grease spots for buns on two cookies sheets. I also greased each ball of dough.
- Place on cookie sheet, with 3 inches or so space between each bun. These don't need to touch each other.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for about half an hour. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until brown.
Adapted from this recipe.