Pumpkin Skillet Pasta with Kale
Posted by ataraktos on 2013-01-06
Creamy pumpkin pasta sauce with mushrooms, onions and 'cheese'. Delicious and at least a month's worth of vitamin A!Ingredients:
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored soy milk
- nutmeg to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 6 to 8 ounces vegan feta or ricotta (I like and use this soy feta).
- Daiya mozzarella shreds (I use almost an entire bag)
- 2 bunches of kale, chopped and cooked
- Sautee onions in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms start to give off "water".
- Combine 'milk, pumpkin, spices and pasta sauce. Add to skillet with mushrooms and onions. Heat until bubbling over medium heat.
- Add feta or ricotta and heat through.
- Stir in cooked pasta, and kale. Combine well and heat through.
- Add mozzarella and heat, stirring, until it starts to melt.
Adapted from this recipe.