Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits
I'm still working my way through a weekend abundance of steamed sweet potato. Tonight's orange-ness took the form of these drop biscuits. They're super-tender so they're best after they've cooled a little bit. They also have some noticeable heat, which I found oddly compatible with jam.Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 cup steamed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt or butter'milk
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend potatoes, agave and soy yogurt/milk in blender until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut margarine into dry mix.
- Add potato mix to dry mix. (I had to add a little bit of water, but my "soy yogurt" had been drained and was exceptionally thick.)
- Makes 5 large drop biscuits - drop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until tops/peaks are turning brown.
- Remove from oven, top with vegan margarine if desired. Cool somewhat before serving.