An Army of Vegan Turtles
Last night, I tried this recipe for caramel. It turned out really well. This morning, I toasted some pecans, melted some of the caramel, melted some vegan chocolate chips and made turtles.
Turtles without their shells:
Turtles with their shells:
Caramel (from this post):
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 2 cups 'milk (I used plain, unsweetened soymilk)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grease an 8*8 pan and line with parchment.
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in 4+ quart pot. (I used a 4 quart and it just was big enough.)
- Heat, stirring frequently, until candy reaches 245 degrees F.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Once cool, you can use in other recipes or cut into bite-sized pieces. Be sure to wrap them, though - this caramel glues itself to pretty much everything it touches, except cling wrap and parchment paper.