Latest Tofu Scramble
Posted by ataraktos on 2010-11-28
No photo of this yet but I combined several online recipes and made this tofu scramble last night. It was tasty enough to have, on toast, this morning.
- 1 block extra-firm tofu (pressed for about an hour)
- oil for browning
- 1/2 tbsp ener-g
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 3/8 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp + plain, unsweetened soymilk
- 1 generous tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Crumble tofu in non-stick pan.
- Cook until tofu cooks off its water then add oil and cook until tofu begins to turn golden brown.
- Make a paste from the remaining spices and soymilk (withhold mayo). Add more soymilk, as needed to make a thick paste. (I probably used 1/4 cup?)
- Stir paste into tofu, continuing to cook.
- Once all the tofu is coated with spice mixture, turn off heat.
- Stir in mayo for extra creaminess.