Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip
I've been wanting to make the typically very non-vegan hot artichoke dip for a while now. I've lost count of the jars of artichokes purchased for this purpose, only to end up eating them for something else, having given up on getting around to any dip-making.
Finally, though, this weekend, I got around to it! I had all the ingredients on-hand (and not much else), so hot artichoke dip it was ... and it was delicious! We ended up eating most of it as spread on rosemary rolls, with slices of seitan but we also enjoied some on chips.Ingredients
- 16 ounces spinach
- 1 14.75 ounce jar of artichoke hearts in oil
- about 6 ounces of vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Veganaise vegan mayonaise
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan - I used this recipe.
- Drain artichokes.
- Wilt spinach in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place artichokes, spinach, cream cheese, mayo, garlic and salt in a food processor and process until well blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients and fold into blended mix.
- Spread into 8" x 8" casserole dish and bake at 375 until bubbly around the edges - maybe 20 minutes?