Garlic Breadsticks and Vegan Parmesan
Posted by ataraktos on 2011-04-10
A few weekends ago, I made some soft breadsticks, topped with garlic "butter" and homemade vegan parmesan (recipe below) ... dipped in pasta sauce, we made a meal out of these, alone.
Soft Garlic BreadsticksIngredients:
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 3 tbsp softned margarine
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Better Than Milk powder
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 tsp ascorbic acid
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- melted margarine and garlic powder, for brushing
- Proof yeast in warm water and sugar.
- Combine dry ingredients and make dough according to your mixer's instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9" by 13" pan.
- Form dough into breadsticks, twisting and placing in pan.
- Brush with garlic margarine.
- Bake until done ... original recipe said 10-15 minutes, which was no where near long enough for me. I baked in 10 minute intervals, flipping the breadsticks and liberally applying more melted margarine.
- 40 grams raw cashews
- 48 grams walnuts
- 80 grams almonds
- 80 grams sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp raw pumpking seeds
- 6 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Process until fine in food processor.
(breadsticks veganized from this recipe, parmesan recipe adapted from various online recipes.)