Asparagus Noodle Casserole
This never photographs very well but it's one of my favorite dishes and we have it fairly often. I usually double as it makes enough to eat for a few days, we really like it and I buy a lot of asparagus at the time, whenever it goes on sale. (I refuse to pay $3+ for a pound of asparagus!!)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp marmite
- 1 pkg asceptic tofu
- 8 ounces pasta, partially cooked (it will bake more in the oven)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil carrot in water until tender, set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes in some oil.
- Add asparagus and cook, but leave under-done, as dish will bake.
- Add remaining ingredients (expect pasta) to carrot/water and blend in blender until smooth.
- Place vegetables and pasta in a 9*13 baking dish.
- Cover with tofu sauce.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- I usually double this recipe.
- I add some roasted garlic bits to the sauce mix before blending.
- Also good with added kale or spinach, briefly cooked before going into oven.