Cardamom Pistachio Cream Cheeze Frosting
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-22
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable or nut oil
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine, room temperature
- 8 ounces Tofutii Cream Cheese
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- cardamom, to taste (I added about 1/2 tsp)
- Grind pistachios in food processor briefly.
- Add 2 tbsp oil and continue to process. Add 1 tsp oil at a time, processing until you get a chunky nut butter consistency.
- Beat margarine and cream cheeze until creamy. Mix in nut butter.
- Mix in 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add more sugar until you get the thickness and sweetness you like.
- I didn't make a nut butter with the pistachios, just ground them finely in a coffee grinder.
- adapted/veganized from this recipe.