Cherry Ice Cream
Posted by ataraktos on 2009-05-09
- 40 g Earth Balance
- 2 tbsp neutral-flavored oil
- 1 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup amaretto (50 g)
- 1 1/2 cup French Vanilla Silk creamer (360 g)
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 cup lecithin granules (20 g)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 box Mori-Nu extra-firm tofu (or 215 grams Mori-Nu Firm)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Add lecithin and amaretto to dissolve granules. (Amaretto doesn't dissolve them as well as rum?)
- Combine remaining ingredients with 8-10 cherries, save and dice remaining cherries.
- Mix in blender until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Follow your ice cream maker's instructions, adding remaining diced cherries at "mix time".
- Even though I used 1/4 cup of amaretto, which has less alcohol than 1/4 cup of rum, this ice cream wants to melt faster than usual. Not sure if the added "cherry jucie" from the thawed cherries contributed or not. Flavor is wonderful, though - so it won't be a great hardship to try again and see if I can improve the texture/melting time!