Almond Peach Ice Cream
Update - tried this ice cream, it was ok but not peachy enough (used a whole bag of frozen, Whole Foods peaches) - next time, I might try canned peaches - I think the frozen peaches gave it a slightly icy texture.
Will try this ice cream next, based on the chocolate rum ice cream recipe.
- 28 g Earth Balance
- 32-35 g neutral-flavored oil
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1/4 cup finely diced peaches
- 1/4 cup amaretto (50 g)
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk (360 g)
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 cup lecithin granules (20 g)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 box Mori-Nu extra-firm tofu (or 215 grams Mori-Nu Firm)
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 g - maybe? peaches are sweeter than baking chocolate so may leave this out)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add lecithin and amaretto to dissolve granules.
- Reserve the 1/4 cup of peaches, blend remaining ingredients in blender.
- Refrigerate overnight or about 8 hours.
- Follow your ice cream maker's instructions, adding the diced peaches at "mix time".