Chicken Noodle Soup
Posted by ataraktos on 2010-11-06
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups water
- 2 vegetable broth cubes
- 3 bay leaves
- dash soy sauce
- salt, pepper
- 8 ounces fetticini, uncooked, broken into quarters
- from this chicken recipe, I used 1/2 the "chicken", plus the cooking broth (1 cup) from both "chickens"
- Sautee the onions, garlic and celery in some olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except chicken and noodles.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles. Simmer until noodles are done.
- Turn off heat and add "chicken".