Posted by ataraktos on 2010-11-06
Lately, I've been making granola on the weekends, for breakfast during the week. A double batch of this recipe fits perfectly in two 10*15 sheet pans.Ingredients:
- 3 cups - 300 grams - rolled oats (don't use instant)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (I use roasted, unsalted)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (I use raw - they'll toast)
- 3/4 cup nuts (I use, in a double batch, half pecans and half walnuts)
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- about 1 1/2 tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Mix oats, seeds, nuts and wheat germ.
- In a separate bowl, mix syrup, orange juice, margarine. Heat in microwave until margarine melts. Stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Coat oat/seed mix with syrup mix. Spread onto sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven, 30 - 40 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add fruit when cooled.
Adapted from this recipe.