Creamless Mushroom Soup
This is a vegan version of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup - I use it in the standard green bean casserole, without the (soy)milk the casserole calls for because this isn't as thick as Campbell"s soup.
- 2tbsp Earth Balance
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tbsp minced onions
- 1/2 cup minced mushrooms (more is fine, I usually use an 8 ounce package)
- Saute onion and mushrooms in some margarine until soft. Set aside.
- Melt Earth Balance in a saucepan, stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly.
- Slowly whisk soymilk into flour mixture and cook until thick.
- Add cooked onions and mushrooms.
- mildly adjusted from a recipe by Bryanna Clark Grogan.