Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-24
- 1 cup all-purpose four
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup soymilk plus 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Mix soymilk and vinegar, let sit 5 minutes to curdle and make "buttermilk".
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut fat into dry mix.
- Add liquid all at once, stir until just combined.
- Drop onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake until tips begin to brown, about 15-20 minutes.