Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-23
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm soymilk
- 1/8 cup Earth Balance, softened or melted
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin (half of a 15 oz. can)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 5-6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- Proof yeast in warm water and soymilk.
- Add ingredients per your bread mixer's directions.
- Once dough is mixed, form into golf ball sized balls.
- Grease tops and place in greased casserole dishes or tins so they are just barely touching - leave room for them to rise.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Or place in refrigerator for a "cool rise" overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake until golden brown - about 15-18 minutes.
- halved and veganized from this recipe.