Eggplant and Lentil Curry
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-12-20
Nothing terribly special about this recipe, except that it's just really good!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3+ cloves garlic, minced
- 2 smallish eggplants - chopped, salted for 30+ minutes, rinsed, squeezed
- 1 cup brown lentils, soaked in hot water while waiting for the eggplant
- 2 tbsp curry
- generous pinch ground coriander seed
- vegetable stock (water to almost cover, 2 vegetable bullion cubes)
- ~ 2/3 can coconut milk
- Saute onion, carrot, garlic in some olive oil.
- Add eggplant, curry, coriander, lentils, stock to almost cover (I used as little water as possible because I wanted a thick curry - and you add the "˜milk later.)
- Bring to a boil, simmer until lentils are done to taste (about 20 minutes for me).
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Modified from this recipe.
- Serve with rice or another grain. Or not - it's plenty tasty all by itself!