Pecan Poppy Seed Muffins
Posted by ataraktos on 2009-01-07
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) sugar
- 1/2 cup (~120 grams) Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- 1 ener-g (1.5 tbsp ener-g + 2 tbsp soymilk), prepared
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with papers.
- Cream Earth Balance and sugar.
- Add sour cream, ener-g, orange extract to sugar/earth balance.
- Stir pecans and poppy seeds into wet mix.
- Combine dry ingredents.
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together, adding about 2 tbsp of water to thin batter if needed.
- Spoon into muffin papers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Halved and veganized from this recipe.