Posted by ataraktos on 2009-01-15
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sage (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- Saute garlic and onions in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
- Reduce heat and add Earth Balance.
- Once Earth Balance has melted, stir in dry ingredients to make a paste.
- Slowly whisk in water and soy sauce and increase heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Slightly adjusted from this recipe.