Fudgey Chocolate Quick Bread
Posted by ataraktos on 2009-02-15
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 112 g Earth Balance (1/2 cup)
- 175 g brown sugar (200 g = 1 cup)
- 175 g sugar (200 g = 1 cup)
- 240 g vegan sour cream (1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 200 g all-purpose flour (180 g = 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tub apple sauce = 56 g = 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp ener-g powder - prepare with 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 to 1 cup toasted nuts of choice (pecans, walnuts) or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and parchment a 9*5 loaf pan.
- Gently melt chocolate (microwave for short intervals, no more than 30 seconds. stir gently in between cooking times)
- Melt Earth Balance.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, leavening)
- Combine wet ingredients (sugar, sour cream, vanilla apple sauce)
- Prepare ener-g.
- Mix chocolate and wet ingredients, then add ener-g and nuts.
- Combine wet and dry mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to rack to cool. (Ok, I never do this part but you're supposed to, right??)
- adapted and veganized from this recipe.