Macaroni and Cheese
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-23
- 3/4 cup of plain soymilk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Vegesal or other similar product (I use a Rapunzel vegetable cube and some salt)
- 2-4 ounces firm (not silken) tofu (I've used whatever I've had on hand, including asceptic extra-firm silken)
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1 dollop of mustard
- 3/4 lb macaroni, cooked until still slightly under done - it'll cook more in the oven
- Throw everything except the macaroni into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Mix the sauce and macaroni together.
- Pour into a greased 9*13 casserole dish.
- Bake at 350° until hot and bubbly - about 15-30 minutes.
- Let sit for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is from "Brenda W" and was shared through vegsource.com.
- Sometimes I blend a cooked carrot into the sauce and pretend this dish is then healthy!