Bestever Vegan Brownies
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-23
- 1/3 cup flour **more flour used further down in recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water (or 1/2 cup margarine for oil+water)
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans-optional) or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the 1/3 cup flour with the one cup of water, cook until thick, and cool completely.
- Combine margarine(or oil/water) with stir in cocoa. Stir until smooth. Cool.
- Beat sugar, salt, and vanilla into cooled flour mixture. Then add the cocoa mixture.
- Mix together the 2 cups flour and baking powder and add to above ingredients.
- Bake in a sprayed 9 x 13 pan for 20-30 minutes.
- For fudgey brownies, decrease flour to 1 1/2 cups, and baking powder to 1 1/2 tsp.
- This deserves a credit, but I can no longer find it on the web.