I don't really like mustard, and can't quite figure out why I decided to make a gravy with it, but I'm glad I did because it's really tasty! We really like it with Brussels sprouts - it offsets their slight bitterness nicely.
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance, melted
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- garlic powder and onion powder, to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 4-5 drops spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lecithin granules (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat until thickened.
- I usually heat with cubed, frying tofu (tofu, oil, soy sauce) and serve with rice and veggies- don't forget the 'sprouts!