Creamy Asparagus Mushroom Risotto
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-22
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- olive oil
- approx. 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth (I used water and 1 Rapunzel vegetable cube)
- 1 heaping cup of arborio rice
- 1 bunch asapargus, chopped
- 6-8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- approx. 1 cup chopped, roasted cashews
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add rice and saute for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring 3 cups of broth to a boil, with sun-dried tomatoes and lower heat.
- Add rice mixture to water and let simmer for about 12 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, steam asparagus and mushrooms in the remaining cup of broth until crisp tender - they'll cook more with the rice.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms and broth to rice and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Add cashews, salt and pepper; let cool slightly before serving.
- I served this with Morningstar Chick'n Strips.
- Adjusted from this recipe.