Pumpkin Mushroom Soup
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-22
This is one of Evin's least favorites, I quite like it and it's very easy to make!
- 3-4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp curry, 1 tsp turmeric
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- 1 tbsp chick'n powder or chick'n bouillon
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1+ cup(s) favorite pasta sauce (optional)
- Saute onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots and celery in oil until semi-tender.
- Add flour, curry and turmeric, cooking for a few minutes. (Be sure to not to let flour stick to pot bottom - it *will* burn later.)
- Add water, pumpkin, pasta sauce (if using), vegetable cube and boullon. Add sauteed veggies, bring to a boil, simmer about 20 minutes.
- Blend with hand blender until soup reaches desired consistency/texture.
- Can use 2 tsp curry and omit turmeric. I usually use more veggies - extra carrot and celery - when using pasta sauce.
- Good with fried tempeh and crackers.