Sweet and Sour Orange Seitan
Posted by ataraktos on 2009-05-09
- 2 cups vital wheat gluten
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- 2 cups of your favorite sweet and sour sauce - we use this one (1 recipe).
- 1/3 vegetable cube, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and parchment a 9 * 13 casserole dish.
- Combine all ingredients together. Mix and knead until combined.
- Spread dough in a 9 * 13 casserole pan.
- Cut into 8 horizontal pieces and then into 16 by making a long cut down the middle.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove, flip and 1/2 the sauce.
- Return to oven, increasing temperature to 400 degrees.
- Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove, flip, add remaining sauce.
- Cook for a second 10 minutes.
- seitan doubled from this recipe. cooking technique from this recipe.
- next time, I will try 2 tbsp each peanut butter and tahini.