Un-honey Roasted Cashews
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-22
- 1/2 pound raw cashews (or any raw nut)
- 1 generous tbsp agave nectar (I had amber but darker would probably taste better)
- 1 generous tbsp maple syrup
- 1 generous tbsp vegan margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (optional, I forgot it and they were fine)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine everything except the nuts and granulated sugar in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave about 20 seconds to melt margarine. Stir to combine.
- Place nuts in a bowl and add syrup mix. Stir to coat nuts.
- Spread nuts onto an aluminum foil topped cookie sheet.
- Bake 6 minutes, stir to re-coat and bake another 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with granulated sugar, and salt to taste, while still warm.
- halved and veganized from this recipe.