Tofu Spinach Lasagna
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-22
Like any home-made lasagna, this is a bit of work, but worth the effort!
- 8or 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- tofu ricotta - 14 oz. extra firm tofu, 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add mushrooms. when mushrooms begin to sweat, add spinach, tomatoes.
- Add sauce, wine and spices.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Mash tofu with soy sauce, yeast and garlic powder.
- Spray or grease a 9*13 baking dish and layer noodles, veggies, tofu, noodles, veggies, tofu, noodles, tofu, veggies - the important part being to start with noodles and end with veggies.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for 30-40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.