Vegan Key Lime Pie
Perhaps I should preface - as far as I know/remember, I've never had key lime pie so I don't really know what key lime pie is like. But this turned out pretty well. Based on this recipe and previous vegan cheesecake experience.
- 1~12 ounce box Mori-Nu silken tofu
- 1 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 tsp key lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and a generous 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in:
- 2 tbsp soy milk (I used 1/2 tbsp Better Than Milk Powder and water)
- 1 cookie crumb crust (the recipe I used just plain sucked, you couldn't do worse if you used rocks, I won't bother to post)
- Blend all ingredients (besides zest and crust!) until smooth.
- Stir in zest.
- Bake in a 9" spring-form pan, in a preheated-to-350-degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Decrease heat to 325 and bake an additional 10-20 minutes. When done, cheesecake begins to pull away from pan.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan. Then cool in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Yeah, it cracked. But who cares, I'm going to chew it anyway, right?