Chocolate Bundt Cake
Very dense, moist and rich. Measurements are in grams - when I heavily adapt a recipe or make one up, I measure with a gram scale. (Sorry.)
- 270 g powdered sugar
- 70 g cocoa
- 255 g all purpose flour
- 1 generous tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225 g granular sugar
- 112 g earth balance
- 130 g apple sauce
- 215 g veganaise
- 160 g soymilk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 ener-g eggs, see instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and "cocoa" a 10" bundt pan.
- Double-sift the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mixed the wet ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Prepare "eggs":
1/8 cup ener-g powder mixed well with 3/8 cup water, let sit until thick.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool and glaze with Chocolate Cream Cheeze Glaze, if desired.
- adapted/veganized from this recipe.
- This cake is really moist, even when the toothpick came out completely clean and the cake had started to pull away from the sides.