Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted by ataraktos on 2009-05-20
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp rice syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 ener-g, prepared
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or carob powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch or two of instant coffee (optional)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or carob chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together Earth Balance, sugar, syrup, and molasses.
- Add ener-g and vanilla, and mix together until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, salt, coffee and baking powder.
- Combine dry mix with wet, to form a dough.
- Work in chips and nuts.
- Form 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheets, flatten slightly.
- Bake 8 - 12 minutes, cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes, then move to racks to cool.
- Because they're dark, these cookies can over-cook easily - you don't get to see the normal browning. Watch them closely.
- These were a little too sweet for me, especially with agave nectar. Next time, I will slightly decrease the sugar, and maybe increase the cocoa.
- This forms a stiff dough - I usually break out a latex-free glove for forming the dough by hand without having to add more liquid.