Glazed Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
Posted by ataraktos on 2011-06-18
- 2 tsps lemon juice + soymilk to make 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/8 cup shortening (72 grams)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp soymilk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet (this recipe makes 6 large biscuits.
- Make buttermilk and stir in cinnamon.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Pour buttermilk into flour mix and begin to combine. Add raisins.
- Stir until flour is incorporated but don't overmix.
- Drop onto cookie sheet to form 6 biscuits.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- While biscuits bake, prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar, soymilk, lemon juice and vanilla. Glaze biscuits as soon as you remove them from the oven.
Adapted from this recipe.