Eastern NC BBQ Sauce
Posted by ataraktos on 2009-02-21
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth (1 cup water + 1 Rapunzel cube)
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes or 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp roasted garlic bits or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp each: dried thyme, dried oregano, red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat gently in sauce pan to dissolve sugar and vegetable cube.
- Adapted from this recipe.