Oatmeal Pumpkin Seed Coconut Cookies
Posted by ataraktos on 2009-05-29
- 1 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup dried shredded coconut (I used very finely ground coconut - 1/2 cup - well, 1/4 cup in half the recipe)
- 2/3 cup oats (I used regular oats)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds (I toasted on the stovetop in some canola oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients, including coconut and pumpkin seeds.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry and mix to form a dough (see notes!)
- Form into 2" cookies, flattened, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes , until cookies begin to brown. Turn sheet half-way through baking.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to racks to cool completely.
- These are a work in progress - the dough, as initially mixed (and halved), didn't hold together, so I added all-purpose flour and sugar, until a better dough formed. I also added a little soy milk. Although my dough seemed relatively wet, the cookies were a tad dry. I cooked them for about 18 minutes, though, that could explain it.
- Overall, their flavor was great - reminded me of Pecan Sandies - I will definitely try them again. Other nuts or seeds would likely be tasty.
- Adjusted from this recipe.