Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Today, I decided to try peanut butter sandwich cookies. I found this small batch recipe, which was the perfect amount.
These turned out pretty well, but were a little crumbly. Next time, I might try with a flax egg, for some additional binder.Ingredients:
- 70 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice
- 65 grams natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, combine wet ingredients + sugar.
- Mix together and form cookies. I made 6 cookies from this amount. Be sure to shape well – these don’t flatten out on their own.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minute. Remove to rack to continue cooling.
- Frost and make sandwiches.
For frosting, I used 4 tbsp shortening, 3 tbsp peanut butter, 3 tbsp tofutti cream cheese, 1/8 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup powdered sugar.