Summer Corn Soup with Quinoa
Posted by ataraktos on 2008-08-25
- 3-4 ears fresh corn (to make 3 cups kernels)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 ounces minced fresh basil
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Boil ears of corn until tender. Use a knife to remove kernels. Measure 3 cups kernels and set aside.
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Saute until softened.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add fresh basil, zucchini and corn. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Shared on vegsource.com.